We recycle airplane tires to make into soles for our sandals and shoes. And just in case you were curious, a kilo of airplane tire looks something like this (minus 4 pair of women’s size 7) 

 

Image

and is approximately 11 1/2″ X 32″ and is 1/8″ – 3/16″ thick. The material is relatively lightweight and incredibly durable and long wearing.

Its physical properties are such that you can’t glue the midsole to it like you can the cheaper synthetic soles that 98% of other manufacturer’s use; I reserve that remaining 2% for leather soled sandals.

The only way to attach a sole made out of this material is to stitch it on using a very heavy duty industrial grade machine that looks like this – 

Image

We are the only company in Mexico, and quite possibly in the entire world, that recycles used airplane tire for every sole of every sandal and shoe product that we make.

 

Advertisements